Saturday, August 27, 2016

Triplets



You know those outfits that you see in magazines or on models and you think "I could never pull that off”...well, that was these pants. After 4 kids in 3 years even the word "waist" makes me shudder. However, these pants fit all three of us perfectly and were also the perfect price! ($15?) I decided to pair them with a tight fitting tank and a modern asymmetrical blazer with pointy pumps. I wanted to go with something that was a little bit 80s-meets-modern and I think it worked out. 



I definitely wasn't so sure about these pants at first, but peer pressure from the sisters tricked me into buying them. Now I'm glad I did!
These pants are different from any I've worn before: high waisted, with a length that I couldn't quite wrap my mind around, and an interesting shape around the hips (as a result of the high waist, I believe). I originally planned to style them with a new shirt I bought at the same time, but when I tried it on Wednesday night I just wasn't feeling it. The two new pieces together just didn't feel genuine, and I didn't feel like myself. Enter: trusty shirt in a color I love. I got this shirt from Kohl's in two colors because I love it so much! The pocket flaps, the pleats in the front, and especially the sparkles on the collar all come together for a cute, classy look that always makes me feel feminine and put together. That's why it was the perfect shirt to help me feel comfortable with these new pants--at least if they looked ridiculous on me, I'd still look ok from the waist up! From there, the rest of my choices were pretty easy. I put my hair up to show off the shirt collar. My shoes were based on style and comfort. The length of the pants called for heels, but after the first couple days of school my feet were killing me. Thank goodness for these Famous Footwear shoes that give just the right amount of height while also having the most comfortable sole I've experienced! Overall, the combination of new with tried and true made this a huge success for me! I felt confident and fierce all day.






I have always wanted to be triplets with my two wonderful, gorgeous, older sisters, and even just pretending, when we wear the same clothes, makes my inner child absolutely giddy! I wish I had a little more freedom to style these pants, because they've got so much potential! But I did have a lot of fun wearing them for my state board exams. One of the most critically important things for me, as a hairstylist, is that my clothes are comfortable and functional--these pants definitely fit the bill. They don't hug anywhere that I don't want them to, and sit so perfectly on top of my hips. Pairing them with a simple Downeast shirt was great for my mobility (my arms need free movement!) and my trusty h&m flats kept me comfy throughout the day. Five hours of stressful testing on your feet isn't easy, but with this outfit, it was a dream.

1 comment:

  1. You all have such different styles, but I love that you can still wear the same pants and pull off your uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete